I have some suggestions, faithful readers, about how to fill out an evaluation form.
Rule #1: Do NOT comment on the temperature of the room. This is out the the presenters control. This is often out of the facilities control. No matter how many trainings I have attended or presented at, it is often cold. Come prepared. Wear layers, drink coffee. Get over it.Rule #2: Do NOT comment on the comfort level of the chairs. No one is going to go out and replace all of the chairs in a conference center because a few people thought they were uncomfortable. Seriously get over yourself. Deal with it. It is a chair.
Rule #3: Do NOT get angry if you are a picky eater and there is sauce on a sandwich. We can not cater to everyone personal and picky preference. I am sorry you don't like mayo. I don't either, but life goes on.
Rule #4: If you are only coming to a training for continuing education credits, please do not critique the training since you do not want to be there anyway and admitted the only reason you are there is for the credits.
These opinions were all shared over the years on evaluations of presentations I have done. Because of this I have learned to be a better evaluator and will never make the mistake of commenting on any of the above.
If you need some more "positive: suggestions it is always appropriate to do the following:Rule #5: Do comment on the witty banter, sense of humor, and general great attitudes of the presenter.
Rule #6: If you think the presenter looked awesome in their well prepared outfit, feel free to write it down!
Rule #7: If you feel the presenter is well educated, smart and wise, again feel free to write it down.
1 comment:
Brilliant tips!!! I can relate 100% to your frustration. I'd love to share them with my faculty who attend my technology trainings. I get so frustrated when their feedback has absolutely nothing to do with the content on my presentation.
Have a super weekend.
Post a Comment