Sunday, January 31, 2010

Got her!

Yesterday was one of those days that slowly go down hill. The kids just keep needling each other and I keep throwing out the threats. They know how far to take it so they do not get into major trouble, but to make everyone crabby. So by the time bedtime arrives I am not in good form and have no patience left. The kids are out of the tub and instructed to get jammies on. I grab a handful of towels to hang up and as I walk back into the bedroom my eldest has this look of guilt on her face.

I have no idea what happened, but I am not about to let it go. Here is how it went down:

Me: "Hanna, what do you think about what you just did?"
Hanna: "Bad"
(Ha! So she did do/say something wrong, I am soooo on to this girl)
Me: "Why do you think you feel bad?"
Hanna: "Cause"
(Well, that got me nowhere... next tactic)
Me: "What do you think you should do about it?"
Hanna: "Say Sorry"
(Now we're getting somewhere!)
Me: "O.k. why don't you say your sorry and say what you are sorry for"
Hanna: "Mom, I'm sorry for calling you bossy"
(YES! Got her!!!, 1 point for mom!)

Wow, I need to get out more...

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Just wait until puberty. The B word changes to something else. And then all kinds of trouble happens...