So my 5 year old daughter "hates" me. She has told me (o.k. yelled loud enough for all of you to hear) "I HATE YOU!" 2x in the past 30 minutes. My 7 year said "I wish I could be in charge of my OWN life!"
You guessed it. They are in trouble. I don't ask a lot of my children, but no hitting, kicking and bitting are a few basic rules we have. So when I say to them at 6:00 "If you hurt each other in any way tonight, you will be in your room all night long" you would think they would listen. When I ask them to repeat this rule, you would think they remember. When the yell and push each other out of the car and I give them a big warning, you think this would sink in. So at about 6:45, Abby comes wailing into the house: "Hanna kicked me!" Hanna admits it so I asked her why she kicked her sisters. "Abby kicked me!" Abby also admits this. So they are now in their rooms wailing about the injustice of life.
1 comment:
Your knowledge of a job well done will come as you see your daughters sitting on the deck, or in the living room or any central good talking area having a civil conversation between the two of them lasting more than 20 minutes and then they will get up and still be civil to each other. This is the time a mother can rejoice, this is what you've been waiting for for so many years. Of course the earliest chance of this happening is when the oldest is at least 1/2 way through high school. Just hang on Sarah, it will really happen! Then your heart will rejoice and days like this will be a distant memory.
As parents, we have a hard time waiting to see that day. I've seen it with my nieces, still have yet to see it with my boys; it's my nieces that are giving me the hope that this will happen in my family some day too.
Post a Comment