
What a great trip! Liz's 12 pictures did not do the Savannah area justice. It is picturesque, just like you would imagine with the sweeping spanish moss, mixed up with the palm trees and the occasionally crab, lizard, copperhead snake, flying squirrel, dolphin and skink.
I had not heard of a skink until the brilliant Bryan decided to turn over a log and the most horrible looking reptile slide/walked/slithered away. Yes, I screamed. Louder than I have ever screamed before, causing poor Abby to scream, causing me to pick her up (both still screaming) and run down the trail. I do NOT like Skinks. I did not even like looking at an image of one to post here to show you. (Pause for shiver down my spine)The copperhead (yes that is a poisonous one) was lying have dead after Bryant (yes the same skink Bryant) mistook it for a stick and hit it with the car. I had a little warning before I viewed that one and was able to peek from the safety of my car.
We also discovered some really fun things, Leopolds Ice Cream (I had Orange Blossom!) Moon River Brewery, The town square where Forrest Gump sat in the movie telling his story, and The lovely sleepy, shaded streets of Savannah. The city is full of history, stories, legends, folklore and superstitions that reminded me of my trip to the Forbidden City in Beijing. But with out the honking, spitting, and 7,000 tour guides.

It is a city after my own heart, slow paced, friendly, unique, eclectic and artistic. It is full of charm from it's people to it's architecture to it's squares. Outdoor cafes, filled with relaxed customers and their dogs, horses and carriages, ice-cream, beer and lots of walking.
1 comment:
We were in Savannah last summer and loved everything...especially the moss covered trees and the Moon River brewery. Looks like a fabulous trip.
Post a Comment