It has always been a professional dream of mine to be a world renowned speaker and be invited to travel and speak on topics in which I am an expert in. Well, it just so happens that my dream is coming true and I have 2 of these speaking engagements in the very near future. One hosted by my office in good old Holland Michigan and the other next month in the corn fields of Iowa (sorry Geertsma, It had to be said). Regardless
of the less than exciting places I am "traveling" I am very proud to represent my agency and teach about my work and my passion (Of course with the added help of my training buddy Jill and my office staff who are picking up all the details). Well I am not one to be nervous about such things. Speaking does not bother me (praying in public is nerve racking, but speaking to a group of 100 doesn't faze me, go figure). 2 things happened this week that go me a little frazzled.

1). I opened an envelope from a registrant that put in a $105.00 check. Oh my goodness, someone (35 someones to be exact) are paying lots of money just to hear me. This is serious business. I can not let them down!
2). I heard through the grapevine that a few people had heard I was a great speaker. I really do not want people having expectations
like that. Sure I can tell a few jokes and come up with some creative activities, but I am no David Letterman! What if I am a dud? What if I say "um" 271 times? What if I don't look professional and/or cute! What if there is a booger hanging out of my nose? I really am not one to worry, at all, in fact I think I might be a little to laid back for my own good, but next thing you know I am going to be dreaming about showing up in my underwear. Well faithful readers, thanks for letting me process. I promise to disclose if it the booger or underwear incident does happen.
4 comments:
You'll be wonderful. I can't wait to hear all about it. Be sure to fill your faithful readers in on your speaking engagements. Go break a leg (or maybe not).
Wow, that second picture down is quite beautiful :). You did a great job Saturday! You have a gift and those who work with you are all blessed.
You do a great job! Just be yourself and have no worries. Just think, they will always remember you if you DO have a booger hanging out of your nose. LOL
Post a Comment