My morning routine is inspired by lazy time with coffee. I despise getting out of bed so when the alarm goes off I tell myself if I get up right away I can enjoy a cup of coffee while reading, browsing the internet... whatever. This morning was an especially rough one. The dog begged to go outside at 5:45... So I let her out and figured I better not get back in bed since my alarm goes of in 15 minutes. So I pour myself coffee in the biggest mug I can find, settle in the comfiest chair I own with my feet up on the footstool, the dog on my lap and open my lap top.
As I hold my beloved bunna in my hand the unthinkable happens...It tips completely over scalding my legs, covering my dog and drowning my computer.
I drop the computer upside down on the carpet getting a bunch of other things wet at the same time. Peel my clothes off as fast as possible since they are burning my skin and take inventory. The dog is soaking, the computer is dripping and I am in blistering, and standing in my underwear in front of the front window. I'll spare you the rest of the saga, but I will say that even if I.T tells you to dry your key board with a hair dryer, turn it on the cold setting because the hot setting will melt the keys.
2 comments:
Oh no, Sarah! That's awful!!! I've had a bad experience with a lap top as well. Check out what Dylan did to ours last year. Hahaha! :)
http://veltemafamilyblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-need-to-start-getting-up-earlier.html
When we were in China, Josie spilled bottle water on my open laptop while we were skyping home. Thank goodness Chris had his laptop for backup. I hope all is well with your laptop. Mine never worked well again after the water incident.
Post a Comment