The other day Johanna (age 8) asked: "Mom,could Satan ever become an Angel again?"
Wow, that is the million dollar question isn't it? But the idealist and optimist in me wanted to say yes, and then it hit me, "Of course Satan could be come an Angel again, because with God anything thing is possible"
She then went on to ask "Could Satan ever die?" (Geesh, where is she getting these questions, is she going to seminary in her spare time?)
So again I think: "Well, the only way Satan has power is if he lives in our hearts, so if no one in the world let Satan in their hearts I think he would die"
She thought about this for a while and seemed o.k. with it and then moved on to other such topics 8 year olds think about like bike riding, swimming and back to school supplies.
But for the first time in my 33 years I thought about those two options, Satan becoming and Angel and/or Satan dying. It think this is exaclty why Jesus wants us to have the faith of a child.
1 comment:
Those are definitely MILLION dollar questions. Whew.
Post a Comment