So I am not the best parent in the world... In fact I can often be a crummy one. I am pretty selfish and get annoyed easily. If I have to make another box of Mac and cheese I might scream. I often get annoyed that my kids keep me from things I really want to be doing (going out with friends, sleeping in, peace and quiet, staying late at work, not being touched/hung on constantly...
The irritation can pile up through out the day, and many days there tend to be more irritations than anything else, but here is the think about having kids. It takes one second, one moment that fills my heart up with immeasureable, intense love that makes you forget about all that other stuff.
Tonight, my daugther was feeling sick, I held her and rubbed her tummy. I have this irrational fear of people getting sick, but when my child is sick, I can put it all aside and take care of her. Or when I peak in the kids bedroom when they are asleep, or when I lay with them in the morning in my bed all snuggly.
These are the moments that make me want to do better, that refill my cup that was drained from hours of annoyance.
It only takes a second and my heart is beating right out of my chest again with love. Lucky those kids are so darn good at sleeping and cuddling or they would be in a lot more trouble : )
1 comment:
Your posts always make me smile.
Post a Comment