I have heard these two words more that I would like in the past year.
-"Orphanges are BETTER THAN living on the street"
Not good enough people... Children deserve the BEST, not BETTER THAN!
But, I digress, today I am not going to talk about orphans... I am going to talk about politics...(this is your chance to check out, but it is a non partisan post, I promise!)
As the election nears, we are surrounded by insane amounts of money getting thown into smear campaigns. We are innundated with negative information about people. We are being manipulated by parties, special interest groups and candidates constantly. And then we are expected to vote, because it is our right.
Sure our political system is BETTER THAN others, but remember, BETTER THAN is not good enough. We should not have to settle for BETTER THAN. I am unhappy with the entire system and process. I am sick to death of millions of dollars being spent on being negative, I a sick of being manipulated and lied to. I am sick of someone the American people elected to do a job, taking a year off their job to campaign to keep their job.
So I am thinking of NOT voting next week, NOT because I don't care, but because I do not want to support this current system. I know it will not make a difference in the big scheme of things, but it might make a difference to me.
*ineresting side note... I just went to post this blog and a political add came up, on MY PERSONAL site to vote for Rick for Change... really? There is some serious irony is this I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment