Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fire Safety

Last week (or the week before, who knows anymore...) the girls learned about fire safety in school. They fire department came, they got coloring books and the firemen told them things like "Stop drop and roll" and "have a safety plan!". So my two smart and charming daughters came home saying..."We need a fire safety plan!" See... smart! So we talked about this for a while and decided how to get out of the house and where to meet. I made the decision we would meet in Chris and Jody's driveway. Hanna was not sure, she wanted to meet in Eli and Joey's driveway. It think because they are her friends, even though the driveway is farther away. I reminder her that Chris and Jody's was closer so that would make more sense. We all agreed and went back to regular life of fighting, tantruming and complaining about how everything is unfair.

Fast forward to today. The fire alarm went off this morning (No, I was not cooking). I realized it was just a fluke do to Josh overcooking some potatos, but I figured, what a great time to see if the girls know there plan! First I found them huddled in the living room with their ears plugged. "Why are you sitting here?" I ask... "What if there was really a fire!" They replied with a drawn out "Mooooooommm, we don't have real fires!" So I said, "Let's just say there was a real fire, where would we meet?" Hanna replies "The basketball hoop!!!!" To which Abby states "Yeah, then we can play basketball!"

Well, I see we have a lot to learn.

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Priceless. I'm glad I had finished swallowing my evening tea before I finished this post. Too funny.