I quit being and adult. I quit being a mom, which means I quit bed time and finding matching socks and putting on winter gear. It means I quit brushing hair, and homework reminders. I quit waking up in the middle of the night, I quit time outs and consequences being disrespected. I quit listening to complains, waiting for the school bus and making mac & cheese. I quit grocery shopping and washing sheets. I quit buying teacher gifts, reading notes from school, buying $3 girl gifts to pass and getting them to school on the right day. I quit remember which day is gym and which day is library. I quit play dates and birthday parties and saying "no". Quitting adulthood also means that I quit thinking about calories and 30 minutes of cardio. I means I quit AAA membership dues and water bills. I quit bank accounts and steam cleaning carpets. I quit walking around the grocery store in search of pine nuts. I quit alarm clocks and nylons. I quit changing watch batteries and cash budgets . I quit responsibility. I quit anxiety. I quit it all.
I quit being an American, I quit materialism, I quit excess, I quit bureaucracy. I quit hidden agendas and I quit all the wrong people making all the wrong decisions.
I. Quit.
1 comment:
Sounds like you could use another trip to Ethiopia. Come with us, and just be Sarah for 10 days. :)
Post a Comment