
I love what I do, I love my work. Sometimes though, in the great scheme of things I feel as though I do very little. Every once in a while I pull out my "list" of all the children I have placed. Hundreds! I have helped hundreds of children into their forever family. But here is the thing, there are 143 MILLION orphans in the world. Recently I have viewed two short videos I would like to share with you faithful readers. The first is a slide show of a little girl who was HIV positive in Haiti. She died last week. The second tries to give you an understanding of the vastness of orphans. The think about passion is it feel so good to help, but it hurts so much when you can't. What are you passionate about faithful readers? Please take a few minutes to view these and think how you too, faithful readers, can do a little for something you feel passionate about.
http://www.glahaiti.org/
Click on video in the upper right hand corner
143,000,000 million orphans
1 comment:
We definitely have a good God who allows us to participate in His work sometimes! For some of us it's adoptions or working with hurting people and families, for others its teaching or collecting garbage or factory work or playing a sport--God just asks us to do whatever we're called to do with passion for Him.
Post a Comment