Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sticking to it

I am really good at doing things successfully 1 time. This morning was a great example. It was the first time, in a long time, (I mean really really long time) that I woke up before my alarm went off and actually got out of bed. I did not hit snooze, I did not hit snooze for 45 minutes I got up and got my family ready for their day with out rushing. Now here is the thing... Josh and I committed ourselves this (school) year to get up at 6:30, start getting ready before we get the kids up at 7:00. So here it is the LAST day of September and I actually did it. Once. Will I do it again tomorrow, hmmm, I'll keep you posted.

Example #2. (Nelly and Beth please don't read this one, it will hurt you deeply). This summer I became organized. Mission organization (a.k.a. my sisters) came over and help me make my house fully organized and clutter free. Even the tupperware drawer looked good. And now, 2 months later.... well lets just say organization is not my strong suite.


And just for fun, I'll through in a final example. The dreaded diet. I can go strong for a few days, even weeks. I am dedicated: healthy food, exercise, encouraging others, and then all it takes is one of Stacey's home made chocolate brownies and it is all over. The downward spiral of cheesburgers, milk shakes, motz. sticks, 2 bowls of fruity cheerios before bed...



So, again since I am all about the strengths perspective, I will try to finish up here by noting some things I can stick to: (pause for thinking here)

1. I am very good at always keeping my wardrobe up to date. I am a faithful shopper and never put off a trip when I need (read "want") something new.
2. I have stuck to this blog for months now with no sign of running out of material.
3. I have been married for 10 years, with promise of at least 50 more.
4. I am always good at ignoring my kids' whines, pleas and begging. I really never give in. In fact right now they are upstairs, dripping wet, cold and begging for my attention and I continue to ignore them, oh wait, that doesn't sound good, I better go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, Sarah, your willingness to be honest in every area of your life is refreshing. Also, it seems you have quite an ability to look at your self objectively, if that makes sense. I, for one, am glad that one of things that you are very consistent in is your blogging :). Those of us who take the time to read it are blessed, and get our good laugh for the day.