One of my first posts ever was "Happiest day of the year" where I discussed what makes me happy. Today I am going to tackle pet peeves. You may, faithful readers, have already pick up a few in previous posts so I will not spend too much time on old news (bumper stickers). I think it will be fun to categorize them (I am the child of a librarian after all)TRANSPORTATION:
-Driving with windows open, I do not like noise or wind-Bike riders who do not obey traffic laws. For goodness sakes people what makes you above the rules of a red light!
-Super loud cars that make horrible noises as they drive past you so you can not hear anything happening in your own car.
TECHNOLOGY:-Alarm clocks. Actually I have nothing against the clock, just the alarm
-Reply to all: This is a tricky one. It can be used often and well, but please, when emailing, do not reply to all, if all do not need to know!
-Television: t.v. in itself is a big one for me, but what really gets me is when a t.v. is alway on, even if you are not in the room or not watching it. I wish I could just say t.v. and if wasn't for "The Office" and PBS, I would throw mine away!
WORDS/LITERATURE:
-"Vehicle". It is a car, or a truck or a Civic or a van, or a Jimmy, NOT a vehicle!
-"Need". My children are the root of this problem. "I need a snack", "I need a drink", I need another webkinz" No you do not NEED these thing you WANT them. I AM that mom that talks about the starving children in Africa, because I know about the starving children in Africa and China, and Eastern Europe, and Guatemala, and Haiti (shall I go on?) Oh, shameless plug, if you want to help a child in need click HERE. Mom's if you need a good lecture, let me know and I can share mine with you. No one, and I mean no one in my world NEEDS anything. Now you can "want" all you want...
"Web Master": Let's find a better name for this job people, it just sounds creepy!
-Ruining the ending of a book: This has happened only 2 times in my life, but is a huge offense in my book (no pun intended). The first was in high school "A Farewell To Arms", by Hemingway. The second was a year ago "My Sisters Keeper", Jodi Picoult. If your curious what might happen if you ruin a book for me, ask my hubby.Well, I am sure I can think of more, but I come from Strength's Perspective training where it has been ingrained in me to focus on the positive. I would love to know if others share any pet peeves or what you, faithful readers can add to the list! (I need something back, all I do is give! : )
Oh I have to add another one, I was looking for a whitty quote to put on this entry so I typed into google, "pet peeves quotes" and found multiple web sites where editors cite all there grammar pet peeves for example misuse of the word "that" So people's my last pet peeve is (with full apology to Becky):
- People whose (whom, who, who is, who's...) pet peeve is grammar. The only exception is using the phrase "them there"
O.k. Now I'm done
2 comments:
Hey, I could definitely agree with some of those! How about when people pronounce the "s" at the end of Illinois?? =) By the way, your link in this entry isn't working. C ya lata!
Excuse me...you should have said "where editors post all THEIR grammar...."
Post a Comment