
I did not grow up believing in Santa Claus. We had stockings on Christmas morning, despite the lack of a chimney, but we knew they were from mom and dad and we loved Christmas just the same...

So when I had kids, I never occurred to me to plug the whole Santa scene. I never told the girls he wasn't real, but they just came to the realization on their own. Same with the tooth fairy. To quote Hanna "Mooom, I know
your the tooth fairy" To which I replied "Well then, where do I keep my tooth fairy dress and how do I fly to all the houses every night?" She just rolled her eyes (6 years old people! 6 years!!!)

This year we tried to play along with the Santa thing and Hanna was not buying it, so I went so far as to have a talk with her about not ruining it for the rest of the kids in school who do believe. She was very happy to play along. Which brings me to yesterday, Pinewood school, the Library. All of the kids received a letter from Santa (Hanna's had a picture of a reindeer on it) the letter stated she has been very good and that he was always watching her to make sure she was a good little girl. Hanna arrived home to tell us everything that Santa had said and that he was bringing her lots of presents and so on. Curious about his new found belief I asked "Who do you think wrote that letter?" She replied, looking at me like I was dense "Mom, it was from Santa, you do not know how to draw Reindeer pictures!"
No comments:
Post a Comment