Hanna announces at Breakfast "Oh my God is a bad word" (well technically Hanna it is a phrase, but I get the drift : ).
"Yes", I reply, "it is a swear word".
"No mom, it is not a swear word it is a BAD word".
Oh. O.k., how silly of me...I decide this will be a teaching moment. "God does not like us to use his name in a bad way. It is called taking the Lord's name in vain". (I still know my 10 commandments, I am not a total loss!)
Abby chimes in..."Yeah, we can only say His name nice like this...(pause for deep breath) Gooood" she draws out in a whispery, calm voice" She smiles at herself.
I, of course, am very impressed. "Exactly right Abby!"
Then Hanna bursts in to tears and exclaims...."Abby is smarter than I am!"
Ahhh, back to the reality of breakfast.
1 comment:
I'm so glad the drama isn't only limited to my house. Hugs.
Post a Comment