I have only heard positive comments about it. As I drove by this week they had put a little statement in their sign. "Best Burgers in Town!" Well, I am sure they are good, but to say "Best Burgers in Town" implies there are maybe more burgers in town and well... there aren't.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
best in town
I have a very quiet ride to work on country roads between Jenison and Holland. One of the "2 horse towns" I drive through is Beaver Dam. Now like all good small West Michigan towns there are a few farms, 2 Churches (1 CRC and one RCA, right across the street from each other). There is a township firehouse that is all volunteers. There are no stop signs and no post office. Just a short block. The only "industry" in this town is the Corner Cafe. It is open seasonally and is your typical ice cream shop that also serves food. It is very cute with a little front porch and to be fair,
I have only heard positive comments about it. As I drove by this week they had put a little statement in their sign. "Best Burgers in Town!" Well, I am sure they are good, but to say "Best Burgers in Town" implies there are maybe more burgers in town and well... there aren't.
I have only heard positive comments about it. As I drove by this week they had put a little statement in their sign. "Best Burgers in Town!" Well, I am sure they are good, but to say "Best Burgers in Town" implies there are maybe more burgers in town and well... there aren't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, I know that place! The wraps are very large and tasty. The hot dogs are not your ordinary hot dogs. If you're retired, it's a favorite coffee spot for all the locals and a hot spot for families on a hot day! To tell you the truth, I haven't had one of the "best burgers"; but the same thought crossed my mind the first time I read it too.
Passing that corner every day, I don't even pay attention anymore. It's interesting how some things seem mundane and then there it is in someone's blog. You really should check it out sometime. Give a call, I'll go with you.
Post a Comment