
So it is time I finally address an important issue. It is more that just the shower, but really the act of waking up and the entire morning routine. It just seems the shower is the step that changes everything from a relaxing morning to a process, a project. Waking up is really not my thing... especially when I have to get up to an alarm and have to rush to get somewhere (mainly work). The hardest part about getting up is knowing that I have to get out of a warm bed and into a cold bathroom, climb out of my warm cozy p.j.'s and become freezing cold. This very thought keeps me hitting snooze about 10 times every morning. It is a terrible transition.

I learned in the last few years that if I set my alarm early enough, I can go downstairs, climb under a blanket with a warm cup of coffee and my book or computer and slowly wake up. But that shower process is still looming. It must happen. (I am not one of those fortunate people that can shower every other day or at night cause I do not look/smell/feel pretty in the morning).

So inevitably weekend, weekday, vacation or holiday, I am always needing to get in that shower. The shower itself is luxury. It is warm and quiet, I can sing, no one can bother me. It is 5-7 minutes of time just for me. But all good things must come to and end. The water is turned off and the cold rushes in. I am wet and cold and have to start making decisions like "What am I going to wear?" Then the teeth brushing and blow drying starts, the hair straitening, make up, jewelry and finding matching socks all while knowing I have to cut something out in order to make it to work in time. (Don't work, I never skip the tooth brushing,but often forget the deodorant).

So if you ever find a way to make this routine easier... to cut out 25 minutes of my 30 minute routine or to keep me from having to get wet for 5 minutes and then spend the next 25 minutes getting dry, I would appreciate it!
2 comments:
I found you!! Ha ha! It's Liz (Van Haften) from your past. I just invited you to be my friend on Facebook. How are things? Email me! esoliday@gmail.com
I'm married, have 2 boys ages 12 and 7, and we live in Washington state. My husband is a welder at a shipyard here. I look forward to hearing from you :)
Liz
The one main thing I do is make sure the fan is off in the bathroom while showering. You can turn it back on when you are warm and dressed. All the other stuff I am there with you. Doing Hair is the worst;) Deoderant and toothbrushes can go in your purse:)
Post a Comment