Thursday, March 11, 2010

failure in the kitchen, again...


I made macaroni and cheese. I started about 6:30 and finished at 8:00. It was not home made. It was kraft. You know, boil water, add noodles for 8 minutes...add powered cheese and off you go. 15 minutes tops! So I started boiling the watered and headed to the computer to check out facebook. About 45 minutes later I headed to the kitchen to see about a snack and found and empty pot of water with the gas still burning underneath. So I filled the pot back up and headed back to the computer (I know many of you are asking where my kids were and why was I not paying attention to them...they were puddle stopping outside, in the rain, I had a good view from the window, I don't like to puddle stomp, outside, in the rain...) So, about 1/2 hour later I head to the kitchen for a drink, to find the 2nd empty pot on the stove with the burning going on high...

3rd time's a charm right? I filled the pot back up. Set the timer on the microwave, headed back to the computer (working on a photo album at this point, have not been on facebook the entire 90 minutes..) The time goes off, I add the noodles, I set the timer again, and somehow manage to finished my daughter's dinner at 8:00 at night. Sweet.

4 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

You totally crack me up and I can see the same thing happening to me while I'm surfing my favorite blogs.

Belinda said...

I still can't believe you admit these things :)!

Julie said...

Hi Sarah!
I was wondering if I could get your email address so I could ask a few questions?
Thanks!
Julie

Sarah said...

Hi Julie, I will post here and on your blog.. not sure which you will check : )
szuidema@bethany.org