Friday, March 26, 2010

Kid converstations

My 5 year old had a little friend over after school the other day...This is the conversation from the back seat:

Abby: "When we are older, we can get cell phones and talk to each other"
Shawna: "Well, I want a lap top. Then we can email"
Abby: "Mom, when we grow up we are going to be Art teachers"
Shawna: "No, we are going to be doctors!"
Abby: "Oh yeah, I am going to be a vetranarian!"
Shawna; "Yeah we are going to take care of animals. We won't take care of princesses, but we will give puppies shots"

On the other side of things, here is what is on the mind of my 7 1/2 year old...

Hanna: "It is not fair! Nothing is fair! I always have to sit in the back seat! I don't like pizza! You are being mean! When I go home I am going to my room all night long!"

Oh yeah, she is going to her room all night long...don't tell your mother, who has just spent 2 weeks in Ethiopia, that life is not fair...at least you have a back seat to sit in and a room to pout in girl...

No comments: