Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Waiting Rooms

I love waiting rooms. Wait, let me rephrase, I love waiting rooms with out my kids. I always like to show up early to appointments to have a good 15 to 20 minutes in the waiting room. First it is always fun to people watch.. Not as good as an airport, but it will do in a pinch...For example, no one talks to each other and no one makes eye contact. It is like a really big, really comfortable elevator...

But really, I just love the magazines. There are piles and piles of magazines, all that I do not get at home, most FULL of celebrity gossip, which I pretend I do not like outside of the anonymity of the waiting room.

Once, I even tore a recipe out of a Ladies Home Journal. I don't even cook! I just get so caught up in the moment.

Granted, most of the magazines are about 9 months old, wrinkly and sticky. They always have the address riped off so you do not know the dental hygienist's home address, and every once in a while, at a busy OBGYN's office all the "Working Mother's" are taken and I am stuck with a "Golf Digest". Then and only then do I start getting impatient.

2 comments:

The Adamski Family said...

If I can't find you in your office tomorrow, I will check our waiting room!

Musings from Kim K. said...

People magazine is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. You're right. It almost makes those OBGYN appts tolerable.