Tuesday, October 26, 2010

getting smarter

It is not "The beginning of the end" of my children turning into independent thinkers no longer to be swayed by my far superior knowledge and beliefs... that happened 2 years ago when Johanna stood in the middle of the cul-de-sac and screamed at the top of her lungs:

"YOU ARE RUININGGGGGGG MY LIIIIIIIFE!!!!!!!!"

Today, we had another little moment, simple really, but still a predictor of the future...

Johanna (age 8): "Mom, if I say 'My mom is a good mom, that is an opinion'. If I say 'my mom is a mom', that is a fact."

Mom, (age 34 if you must know), in her head thinks: "OPINION! OPINION! That should not be an opinion to you... that is a fact. I am a good mom. I am a rocking' AWESOME mom. And you better be so certain of this statement you would never dream to think it is an opinion. "

Unbelievable.

It is my (humble) opinion that every 8 year old should KNOW for a FACT that her/his mom is not only a GOOD mom, but the BEST mom and be willing to fight someone about it.

Opinion...I'll give her some opinions...

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Love it. She is gonna be as smart as her momma :).