Well, 2010 is behind us and we are staring strait into 11. Maybe this post is cliche, but it is true so I think that makes it o.k.
First reflections...
Ethiopia! Feb 2010 brought me to the soil I have always yearned to touch...Don't ask me why, but Africa was a place I new I needed to be. And the second I got there, I felt like I was home. Corney? Maybe, but true. I am truly and Ethiopian at heart. I hope that does not offend any Ethiopians, but I have never felt that I belong someplace more than I belonged there. Some say I romanticized the experience, but those who say that have no idea who I am. The experience was truly and experience of finding my home.
Bethany! Another great year of my job. Love my job, love my co-workers, love my clients, love my office. Enough said
Kids. Wow, they get pretty sassy and silly at 8. And when the 5 year old has an 8 year old influence, they get sassy at 5 as well. Still love em though
Racing. I ran the 5/3rd 5k, the whole time, no walking. HUGE HIGH! But, alas, I injured my tendon, again, so no more running... fast forward to October... I walked the Disney 5k with Aunt Laura and had a blast.
Vacationing...Back to my childhood with a family trip to Lime Lake...swimming, boating, kayaking, dune climbing, shopping...happy sigh. A great camping trip to CranHill and a not so great camping trip to the parking lot of Higgins Lake. We are now considering a camper purchase...Disney World, ADULTS ONLY! Great Great Great weekend. Food and Wine, rides and shows.
Lots of books, lots of new tunes, lots of Glee, lots of dinners with friends and family, but never never enough.
So enough reflecting, now I will resolve:
I resolve to watch more John Stewart and the Daily Show
I resolve to drink more diet coke and not feel guilty
I resolve to SPARKLE!
I resolve to make someone laugh everyday (this is really easy cause I have an 8 and 6 year old and all I have to do is say "booger" and they fall on the floor laughing)
And I think that is enough.
Stay tuned though for some more serious resolving in the next few days...
2 comments:
Have a sparkly NEW YEAR! Happy 2011!
Totally understand what you said about Ethiopia. I could have written that myself. I think it's my home too! :)
Post a Comment