Tonight I went to a concert of my favorite artist... Andrew Peterson...He is an amazing story teller, lyricist and musician. There is just this quality of his music, his voice and his lyrics that speak to me. We seem to have the same sense of humor, the same general outlook on life and passion for honesty in all situations. I have been to a lot of churches, sat through a lot of sermons and listened to about every Christian artist and rarely do I find the inspiration that I continually find with A.P. In fact I find myself more "Biblically" inspired by Ghandi, Ann Lamont, Helen Keller, Mother Teresa...of course I see God daily in my work, but rarely in Church. But when I really need a good kick in the pants, I can always pull out my A.P. playlist and feel rejuvenated. I wrote a few blogs posts about him a while back:
MORE RESOLVE
PLANTING TREES
So tonight after the concert, I was feeling a little guilty as a parent and a wife and my plan was to head home and hug my husband and thank him for being so great and then snuggle with my kids and tell them how amazing they are... But... my husband was called into work and will not be home until midnight (I am not sure that this Spirit is moving me to stay up that late, he is a great husband, but Midnight is really late...) so I chose to focus on the kids.
First I played them the song World Traveler, which has this great verse..
Tonight I saw the children in their rooms
Little flowers all in bloom
Burning suns and silver moon
And somehow in that starry sky
The image of the Maker lies
Right here beneath my roof tonight
(So hold on tight, I'm a)
World traveler... (click on the words for a link to the song)
As I explained how much I love them and how every night I come in to their room, look at them sleeping and kiss their foreheads, I can see Jesus in them. We are all snuggled together and Abby says:
"Mom... When I get a donut with orange and green and yellow sprinkles, sometimes I pretend my finger is a race car and I drive it all around the donut"Hanna doesn't miss a beat and follows with:
"Mom, billboards lie and Mrs. "V" says that she fell for a gimmick one time."
And I said: "GOOD NIGHT!"
No comments:
Post a Comment