Monday, January 5, 2009

How do you measure...

"525,600 minutes, 525,600 moments so dear. How do you measure a year, in daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee, in inches in miles, in laughter, in stride..in truth she learned ,in times that she cried, in bridges she burned, in the way he died. How about Love"

I have quoted this song from Rent before, but it seems appropriate at year end (I know a few days late...) to look back and think about how I measured my year. Despite a very very cold and snowy winter that held strong way into April, I have decided that 2008 was a great year. There were the obvious, Disney World, excellent camping trips, 2 children in school, China, good health, started blogging, election, but there are some not so "blog worthy" things that happened this year that should really be measured...

I got a new electric blanket, It is the mattress pad type that makes my bed so hot I wake up sweating. Ahhhh

I read every single Karen Kingsbury book (She has many books including a 3 part series of 5 books each), the Harry Potter series, the Wicked series (well hardly a series, there are only two), plus the new Shreve and Picoult books. Of course that is only about a third of my reading, but were talking highlights here right?

I did not have to wear my walking cast for any stress fractures all year! (Which also means I did not do any majorly stimulating exercise...Dr's orders people!)

I watched little to no t.v. the entire year... This is like my 3rd year on 2 shows a week!

I became more addicted to facebook, if possible.

I brought my Wii fit age down to 32 from 66 (don't judge until you have tried it)

I managed to wake up before my alarm went of 2 times (new record!)

So, How do I measure a year? I think this year is measured in small blessings, big trips, and cups of coffee, Always cups of coffee...

No comments: