1. I got up late, we ran out off coffee and I got stuck behind a school bus that stopped every block to pick up kids.

Re-frame: I slept in a little bit so did not feel a huge desire for coffee right away. As I was stopped behind a bus I dug in my purse to find some lip stick and there, tucked away was a 5 dollar bill! I figured since I did not have coffee yet and I was already a few minutes late, a few more minutes wouldn't kill me so I drove through Starbucks and got a Dulce de Leche skinny latte. What a relaxing way to start the day! Just think, if I had not been stuck behind that bus, I never would have been digging in my purse to find the misplaced 5 spot!

2. I was stuck in traffic for at least an hour. Sitting on I96 starting at tall buildings watching traffic fly by heading east.

Re-framed: A few days ago, I got to sit in down town G.R. all by myself, jamming to my new soundtrack from Legally Blond and sang my lungs out with no one complaining about it! My phone did not ring, my email did not ding, there were no kids fighting, and there were no dishes to be done!

3.I had minor typo on a document that I had photocopied, signed, notarized and then drove from Holland to Grand Rapids (in above traffic jam) to get a state seal at the secretary of States office, then drive to my down town G.R. office only to find out the next day about the typo and have to do the entire process over again.

Re-framed: I happened to have a few library books in my car and I got to spend and hour 2 days in a row, just sitting in an office reading. I got to do all this while other people waited in line, got sent home since they did not have the right documents, pay insane sums of money for their titles and other such nonsense. I escaped to London and caught up with the great characters of my latest favorite author and now will get my book back to the library on time and get a new book (or 2).
1 comment:
What a great attitude. I need to borrow some of that "reframing" every now and then. Hugs!!
Post a Comment