Friday, June 12, 2009

Power

“If you hold on to the handle, she said, it's easier to maintain the illusion of control. But it's more fun if you just let the wind carry you.”~Story People

I titled this power, but it is not the same power as having control. It is the power of people. The power of belief. The power of being a part of what God has blessed. I like to be in control. I want to fight the wind and move down my path. My vision. I was reminded this week that I need to let go of the rudder and let the “wind” carry me. Being a part of a group of people, a group of people who believe, who have passion, who are committed to work together. Have you ever held hands with a group of people and prayed together? Have you ever had your heart broken with these same people? Have you ever been a part of something so big, so important, so powerful that you are ready to let go and let the wind carry you?

“There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.”~Story People


“When I grow up, I want to remember that I always wanted to be about a thousand different things & one lifetime didn't seem nearly enough. When I grow up, I hope it's at the very end when it doesn't matter anymore anyway”~Story People

No comments: