"It does not do well to dwell in dreams and forget to live"I am such a daydreamer... As far back as I can remember, I would think up story lines in my head... dream of unrealistic things, get caught up in a fantasy world...
I think this is maybe why I like to read so much, I love getting absorbed in others lives. Feel, for just a moment, what it is like to be someone else. When I read cultural books, I dream of travel. When I read historical books, I fantasize a simpler life of carriage rides and homemade dresses. When I read love stories I wait for my husband to stand beneath my bedroom window and serenade me under the stars... Lately it has been a certain t.v. show I have become obsessed with. I now dream of joining a glee club and singing and dancing my days away. *Sigh*
So I keep this quote close to my heart. I want to remember to live. I do not want all my goals to be hidden in my dreams. If I want to travel, I can make that happen. If I want to change the world, love my family, learn to dance, watch the snow fall under the street light, I will do no good for me to sit on my couch and dream. I guess what I am processing here is that I have to remember to live. Every moment of every day is a moment that I can be living. I can be learning. I can be sharing and giving and laughing and loving. I can be singing and dancing... maybe not in glee club but who needs glee club when I have an Abby (the best dance partner ever!) Who needs a stage when I have a car and a 30 minute commute to work?
The thing about it is, is that my life is about as good as it gets. A husband who I adore, a couple of pretty cool kids, a job that lets me help the children of the world, clients that teach me more every day that I could ever imaging teaching them, and the continual hope, that I can do a small thing to make this world a better place.
You know, I think dreams are good, but they are only dreams if you keep them in your head. So dream and then remember to live, to share your dream, to live your dream, to change our world.
I will finish with a verse from "Imagine" a favorite John Lennon tune...

"Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one"
1 comment:
What an awesome quote and thought for the day!!....I will have to add that to my book of favorite quotes.......I love it :)
Post a Comment