I'm not sure what this year's Sunday school curriculum is, but all my kids want to do is talk about God and Jesus. Since it is supposed to be good to have the faith of a child, I decided to ask a few questions... Here are a few summaries of what I have learned:

The girls told me that God gives us talents and gifts about what we should do. She is very intent on finding out her gift. Abby announced my gift was helping people and I have to sometimes go away to do this. She told me it was o.k. and she missed me, but still loved me and know God wants me to help people. She said "Daddy's gift is helping people get babies out of there thingys" (SERIOUSLY!!!!! How stinkin' funny is that.. Poor Josh has never delivered a baby in his life, and also feels it is important for the kids to know 'proper' anatomy names so Abby's use of thingy and her belief that Josh delivers babies is awesome!) Abby decided God wants her to be a learner. Better keep learning kiddo : )
Hanna on the other hand decided God wants her to be a good friend, never leave anyone

out and have fun. I think that is pretty fair for now.
The other recent conversation has been about dying and being with God or dying and living with Satan. The girls are very concerned about the whole Satan thing, Especially Abs. I asked why someone would "live with Satan". She replies "because they are bad. I don't think I'll be bad because I want to live with God" (foot note: she is currently downstairs jumping on my exercise ball which is highly illegal in this house)
No comments:
Post a Comment