I live in an awesome neighborhood. Just a small little street in Jenison MI. But there are a few of us at the end of our cul-de-sac, referred to as "the sac" that have become buddies over the years. We hang out in driveways every nice day of the summer, we go out to eat together, play cards, had an occasional hot tub party and even go wine tasting every fall. The hard truth though, is that it is just easier to hang in the summer. So by the end of winter I am not only cold, cooped up, sick

of my house, but also very ready to spend time with my favorite people! So Saturday, March 6, 2010, the sun came out. Not only did the sun come out, but the snow started to melt, the kids were on bikes, the coats were thrown to the side and the temperature was a balmy 45.

This, I though, called for a party. The problem was, I was the only adult home. So I jokingly texted my neighbor (oh yeah, I text), he said he would be home in 5. At the same time, my hubby pulls in to the driveway. My dream was about to become a reality. Lawn chairs were set up and margaritas were mixed up. Josh even put on shorts for the occasion. Our fearless baker brought over some awesome brownies and we basked in the March sun for at least an hour. Ahhhh, nothing like margaritas in the winter, on the driveway, with the sun shining down.

1 comment:
Isn't that funny how much neighborhoods hibernate in the winter? The only conversations we've had with our own neighbors have been at school functions. I agree. Bring on summer!!!
Post a Comment