Tuesday, May 3, 2011

stupid homework

I am writing this post in pure frustration... seriously..... How in the WOLRD am I supposed to feel when I can not help my 8 year old with her homework... What is going on in the fricking 3rd grade!!!!!?????? Tonight it is some kind of fractions that make me feel like my head is going to explode. The questions are: How many 12ths are in 1/4. Well I have no stinking idea so I looked it up on the internet and do you know what they said?????? "Use simple algebra to figure out the answer" What kind of $#&^ algebra is easy???????? So the did give me the answer and I figured if I saw how they gave that answer maybe I could figure out the next, which is: "How many 8ths are in 3/4ths.... Well, I do not know this, nor do I know how to figure this out, nor did the internet tell me, nor do I want any of you to tell me, cause truly, at this point, I do not give a *^#%. So I called my husband, and remember I am spitting mad because I am so ignorant, that I am yelling at the poor guy who is like, "oh, I can help her in the morning". Really!? You can help her in the morning?????? In the midst of all the morning, backpack, getting dressed, breakfast chaos, you are just going to do some algebra type fractions.

So I have to tell my 8 year old...."Just go watch t.v. or play computer or eat a cookie, anything, just DON"T TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR HOMEWORK!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This brings back memories of trying to help you with your algebra homework. Even though I understood it, I could not help you because you were always FREAKING OUT!!! Mom

Musings from Kim K. said...

I've long given up on the ability to help Emma with math homework. I've warned Chris that he can never ever leave town before a math test. I totally GET IT!!