Friday, June 27, 2008

People I love, part 3



"Love doesn't just sit there like a stone; it has to be made, like bread, remade all the time, made new."- Ursula K. LeGuin

I love this quote, first since it is by my husband's favorite author and I think it speaks such an important truth about marriage. One of the things I appreciate most about Josh is that we can grow and learn together. Also, it is very fitting since Josh likes to make bread : )

Here are some other cool facts about my hubby:
1. He is a nurse, He is a nurse who is male or a male who is a nurse. He is NOT a male nurse. I know it is confusing, but I have yet to meet a female nurse so I think it is safe to say there is no such thing as male nurses either. I even looked in college catalogs- there are only nursing degrees, not one college has gender specific nursing degrees! Any way the cool thing about this is that he saves lives! I think it is very cool that my husband saves lives.
2. He can cook- not just follow a recipe, but really cook- He bakes, he sautee's, he grills, and he is very good with a dutch oven or 4:

3. He is a landscape artist. One of our friends calls our yard the "urban garden" Right now we have about 20 fruit trees, every vegetable possible and berries to make about 100 pies. He has flowers, shubs, trees growing all over and they do not die!
4. He can build anything, right now he is into corn hole boards. He finished our entire basement and added on to our deck. And he can sew a button and darn a sock (this doesn't have much to do with building, but it shows balance)
5. He has a great memory- he reads something, hears something, goes somewhere and remembers every detail. I mention something I like and sure enough 6 months later it is under the Christmas tree.
6. He has passion for equality, justice and peace
7. He is hilarious
8. He has big hopes and dreams that inspire me to think bigger.
9. He will be mad at me for posting this.
10. He will be really mad at me for posting that!

No comments: