"I made a tree mom!" And I see about 7 branches taped together with blue painters tape. "Now I have to go plant it..." and off she goes with a yellow plastic shovel and a home made tree. The tree is now "planted" (leaning up against another tree with about 1 inch of "trunk" sprinkled in dirt) in our back yard next ready to take off. I hope it's not windy tonight...
Monday, June 30, 2008
Trees
Today I trimmed our overgrown weeping cherry that sits happily outside our office window. Johanna wanted to help so I told her to pick up the branches and put them in the yard waste container. (I think she was hoping to get her hands on the clippers, but since she already showed me this winter she could not be trusted with a scissors by cutting her own hair I was not about to let her touch the clippers which clearly could do more damage.) I should have known something was up when she was compliantly following my direction. I also should have known something was up when I heard her say "hold that still Abby, I'll go get the tape!" Sure enough, by the time my project was done, Johanna had finished hers...


"I made a tree mom!" And I see about 7 branches taped together with blue painters tape. "Now I have to go plant it..." and off she goes with a yellow plastic shovel and a home made tree. The tree is now "planted" (leaning up against another tree with about 1 inch of "trunk" sprinkled in dirt) in our back yard next ready to take off. I hope it's not windy tonight...
"I made a tree mom!" And I see about 7 branches taped together with blue painters tape. "Now I have to go plant it..." and off she goes with a yellow plastic shovel and a home made tree. The tree is now "planted" (leaning up against another tree with about 1 inch of "trunk" sprinkled in dirt) in our back yard next ready to take off. I hope it's not windy tonight...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment