A new year is around the corner and it is resolution time again. I have had some pretty unsuccessful ones in years past. There is the lose weight, exercise more, spent less variety; there is the be more organized, no more procrastinating type; and the year I tried a fun one, never wear plain white underwear. I did well for years and years on that one...(to much information right?) So this year I am going for something fun, educational and cultural.Every month I am going to focus on a new culture, tradition or holiday that is not in the norm. So January I am going to start with China since it is Chinese new year. There are some Jewish holidays I am interested in so I
might spend a month focused on Jewish traditions, maybe something from India/Hinduism... You get the drift. I am excited about this new resolution. Really, we should be learning more about our World even if it is just to be celebrating more holidays! So if you have an ideas for research let me know! I have to have 12 (May just might be reserved for the Dutch with Tulip Time and all... but I will put a little more effort into it than just elephant ears and wooden shoes..)(I have to give a shout out to Highlights magazine for this idea. My daughters received the hidden picture calender in the mail and they had stickers for all the holidays in the year. I did not know half of these holidays!)
1 comment:
Hi Sarah! I love the idea of focusing on various traditions from different cultures. I'm planning on posting all kinds of Chinese New Year crafts this month, but I'm looking forward to seeing your other suggestions too.
Post a Comment