1. I can not cross my legs under my desk or any table.
2. I have to hunch over to do any work on the kitchen counter (I know, my faithful readers know I do not do kitchen work often...But I have chopped a few veggies in my day)
3. The lawn mower handle is so low I have to bend in half to push it. 4. Ditto for any stroller or push toy
5. I can not go to regular stores and buy a pair of pants. I have a handful of stores that carry long pants, on line and in only a few of their styles. They rarely, if ever, go on sale and are always expensive.
6. Ditto for bathing suits. I have yet to see a store carry a suit with a long torso, thank goodness for Lands End. (again, on line, no sales)
7. Ditto for long sleeve shirts. Thank goodness 3/4 length sleeves came into style, since that how regular shirts fit my arms (same for capri pants...)
8. People always assume I am an amazing, olympic level athlete. When I tell them I'm not, they are personally offended. Now for some perks...
1. No one can see if my roots are gray. (which they are not, 32 years old and still no gray!)
2. I can reach things from high places (side note, I will always be happy to reach any thing for any of you or any stranger, in fact about every time I go to the grocery store someone asks me to reach for them, and I am very happy to do this, except one time, this old and kinda smelly lady at Meijer asked me for a favor so I said sure, thinking I would be reaching and instead she wanted me to check what size bra she was wearing. GROSS!)3. And as my favorite "fun sized" co-worker pointed out: I'm the first to get rained on, but the last to drown!
3 comments:
now I feel bad for saying that your legs look long in the jeans you were wearing, but it definitely came from a place of pure envy and admiration :) Juli
Sarah, I am so envious! I am always the one having to ask others to reach things for me, standing on the counters to get things off of normally, not so tall cupboards, getting angry with my husband for using the top shelves in our kitchen, and having to buy strollers with adjustable handles so that I can get them low enough. I too have problems with jeans.....even petites are too long.....always have to have them altered......the world was constructed for those in the middle, not those of us on either extreme.....my empathy my sister!
Am I the featured "fun size" friend?!?! :) I feel so honored!! I'd have to agree with Kerri, the world isn't so short person friendly either!
1. Nothing ever fits me in stores. Pants, skirts, and dresses are too long. Anything with a slightly longer torso is either impossible to get on because my huge hips are trying to fit into the torso, or the straps are falling off. Capris are just not an option. Most things in the petite section look old lady-ish. I can't even borrow my friends' shoes.
2. I have to climb onto my kitchen cupboards to get anything from the top two shelves.
3. I make a scene trying to get things from top shelves or racks in the store.
4. I get measured by the guy with a stick when trying to get on my favorite roller coaster
5. Sometimes I can't even stand in the deep end of a pool.
6. I've heard it said that taller people are automatically respected more, even before a single word comes out of their mouth
7. I will be the first to drown...
On the bright side...
1. I CAN sit with my legs crossed under my desk - indian style even (quite comfy!)
2. I rarely have to duck.
3. The game of limbo comes quite easily
4. People enjoy having me in the backseat of their cars because they can move their seats back as far as they will go.
5. I can fit into small crawl spaces if ever I need to hide from someone or something.
6. I'm a "fun-sized" friend! :)
Post a Comment