Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gifts

Last night we decided to take a trip to the mall to get out of the house and do some preliminary Christmas shopping. As we stood in the toy store listening to our children point out every toy and exclaim "I want this!" I became a little sick with greed. What in the world do my children really need? Really, it is total gluttony in our home. Josh and I talked about it on the way home and of course we have no solutions. How do we come to terms with living in America and being rich, while most of the world suffers. How can we add yet another toy to the collection when people are hungry and dirty and oppressed...Of course our children will have presents under the tree on Christmas morning, but there are other things we can do. Follow the below link to check out gifts that can really make a difference...

http://giftcatalog.bethany.org/index.php
This child (in Haiti) needs a metal crib since her wooden one provides a great living space for Roaches.

No comments: