Monday, November 10, 2008

Winter

"Winter came down to our home one night. Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow, And we, we were children once again."~Bill Morgan, Jr.

This is what came to my mind this morning as I sat in my cozy living room holding a warm cup of coffee watching the kids is footie pajamas.



Spring, summer, and fall fill us with hope; winter alone reminds us of the human condition. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

This is what I will think of from December 31 until April. How can something be so perfect one day and instill depression and horror the next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! We miss you at breakfast too! Things are going great...Hanna is adjusting well and beginning to pick up English! We're having fun learning more about her each day. I hope things are going well with you. Loved it when I read you were enjoying a cup of coffee and your kids in footy pj's! Sounds perfect. I sure hope it doesn't look like your pictures at your house though. Snow already??! Jennifer, Jerry, Brooks, Reese, and Hanna