Saturday, April 25, 2009

An exception to every rule

Johanna, at 6, has an exception to every rule. For example...

Mom: Hanna, do not put your hair in your mouth, in fact don't put anything in your mouth.
Hanna: We can put food in our mouths

Mom: Hanna, do not spit.
Hanna: I can spit when I brush my teeth.

Mom: Hanna, do not talk to strangers
Hanna: We can talk to police officers and they are strangers

Mom: Hanna, do not jump in puddles
Hanna: I can jump in puddles with my rain boots.

Mom: Hanna, do not pick any flowers
Hanna: We can pick dandelions.

Mom: Hanna, do not say "Oh my God"
Hanna: We can say "I love God"

Mom: Hanna please go on a time out
Hanna: I was going on a time out before you told me too.

Mom: Hanna you can not wear that outfit, it does not match
Hanna: But it all has flowers on it! or, It is all purple!

1 comment:

The Adamski Family said...

That girl is a thinker!! She will be a great lawyer one day.