Monday, May 17, 2010

Bed

I can sleep pretty much anywhere. Twin bed or king, soft mattress or hard, alone or with a friend. The biggest test of sleeping I have ever heard of is China, the mattresses are about as soft as a butcher block. I had not problem.

So when my husband declared it was time to get a new bed I told him he could pick what he wanted...I am fine.

Have you ever shopped for a mattress? You go into this huge room full of every type of mattress ever. Then in your coat and shoes you climb in and test them out, with the persistent sales person standing over you discussing the merits of the spring coil or whatever the heck it is that makes mattresses so freakin expensive!

They all start to feel the same after a while. Finally Josh decides on the perfect blend of firmness and cushion. We are just about to leave when the sales lady convinces us to try the "Cloud of Heaven" mattress. We lay down. We fall in love. We might never get out. This bed truly is a "Cloud of Heaven. We peek at the price. I don't remember exactly what it cost, but I think it was around $75,000. We went back to our original choice.

All of this background is necessary for me to tell you one simple statement. I love my bed. And because of this love, I hate morning.

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm smiling from ear to ear over this post. I'm also ready to crawl into my little bit of mattress heaven. I'm sooooo over this Monday. Sleep well, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling that excited over my new sheets from Pottery Barn. Many nights I say to Dad, "Don't you love our new sheets?" and he merely grunts at me, but they feel like heaven to me.
Mom