We have been married 10 years! Josh treated me to a night out: Dinner and great tickets to my favorite show- Wicked. He also bought me a coveted bead for my charm bracelet, a little acorn with a gold top. I bought him a humming bird feeder...( I know! I feel like a shmuck!) Well, thinking back to 10 years here are a few things we have learned about each other and marriage.
-Our genes, when combined, produce really cute, smart and all together wonderful children.
- We get along a lot better when we have a dishwasher (our first place did not have one and currently ours is broken)
-We are very good at compromise (e.g. You spent $100 so I can too, you go hiking I go shopping... you get the drift)
-We learned, a little too late, there was a lot more we wanted to do before we had kids
-It is o.k. to go to sleep angry, we always forget by morning what the big deal was all about
-Keep track of everything you do in case you need to remind each other later how what a great spouse you are. (Maybe in another 10 years I will say forgive and forget, but for now this works- Just kidding people!)
-No matter how much overtime work is offering, time with your spouse/family is always worth more
-We do much better in gender reversed roles. I take out the garbage, mow the lawn, trim the trees and he cooks, cleans, pays bills. Well actually, he mows the lawn and usually trims the trees, and keeps up the garden and washes the car, and plants the flowers... O.k. I did do 4 loads of laundry today. I even folded it and put in away!
Well, I think I need to go do something nice for my hubby since putting this entry together I am reminded how wonderful he is an how lazy I can be. (He really wanted a humming bird feeder, really!)
2 comments:
Your children are so beautiful!
I love your honesty, Sarah! You are refreshing.
Post a Comment