While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt
There are some moments in life that make me realize I am a parent. The first time it happened when I liked my finger and wiped of Johanna's cheek. The next time (years later) was when I took the same dirty cheeked child into a dressing room to try on clothes. That was a big moment, but what really shook me was when I said "How does it feel in the crotch"

We recently went on a family trip to the Glen Arbor area and my parents thought we should follow in our childhood tradition and climb the Sleeping Bear Dunes. As we climbed (and climbed and

climbed) it struck me that I was the parent watching the children who were full of joy and energy. I was no longer the little pigtailed girl posing on the top, but the one taking the picture. What a great moment to create these memories with my precious daughters! To sit on the top of the world and watch these children yell "look mom!" To see them hurdling

themselves down the dune and reaching the bottom only to say "Let's do it again..." It is so wonderful to me that I get to be a part of these little lives and help create these memories. What moments might pass me by are the same moments my kids grasp onto and find wonder it. So thanks to my mom and dad for starting our traditions and for reminding us to keep them going.
No comments:
Post a Comment