Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Washing machines

"You have to laugh at yourself, because you'd cry your eyes out if you didn't"~Indigo Girls

If anyone read my post yesterday, you noted how proud I was of doing 4 loads of laundry. Well, I happened to have put my cell phone in one of those loads. I am not sure how wet it became since I did not discover it until it was in three pieces, in the dryer. Dry.

So I wander into the verizon store this morning and 20 minutes later walk out with a new phone. Seems simple right? No, I had not stored, written down or made note of any of the numbers I put in my phone. So, what have I been doing today? Programming number after number, typing in name after name...Lesson learned.

The best part of this whole "experience" is that many people have disclosed other "ruined" phone stories to me. Here are a few of my favorites:

-Fell into the toilet (3 times I heard that, 3 times!)
-Run over by a car & left on top of a car
-Dropped into a kiddy swimming pool
-Jumped into a pool with the phone in their pocket
-Thrown away at McDonalds (and recovered by digging through trash, ewww)
And my favorite, drum roll please........
-Put into cleavage while wearing a bathing suit and lost in a lake while swimming

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hee hee. What a great universal story -- "The Destruction of My Cell Phone" or "The Life and Death of My Cell."

Actually, my mom didn't lose it in the lake. She plucked it from its stowed position and tried to dry it out in the oven. No luck with that. :)