Saturday, August 2, 2008

I'll Never


My brother-in-law Tim enjoys giving me a hard time. He files away little bits of information about me and then throws it in my face at just the right time. He should really be nicer too me as it was my influence, as a big sister, that made his wife who she is today, but has he ever thanked me for this? No readers, he has not! So as I share the following saga, know that Tim will be hassling me tomorrow at lunch...

I am good at saying "Never" Some of my common never statements are as follows:

"I will never wash dishes" I will never bye anything that is not dishwasher safe"... So what happened about 6 months ago? My dishwasher broke. What have I been doing day in and day our for 6 months? Dishes. You want to know the worst thing about it? It really is not all that big of a deal. I spent my entire adult life bashing dishes, now to not even be phased by it.

"I will never let my children sleep in bed with me" There are many mornings I wake up with a sprawling Hanna next to me, or I go into comfort a crying Abby only to wake up three hours later in her bed.

"I will never like beer", "I will never like mushrooms" Well here is the thing, beer is a lot cheaper than gin and tonics and a blue moon with orange is great!. And as for mushrooms-I will not eat pizza or steak with out them, YUM!!!

"I will never golf" This has yet to happen, but I just had lessons in my swing by my ever patient hubby. He is taking me to the driving range soon. I think I might golf...If only for the cute skirts...

"I'll never be a feminist", Oh boy, if you want a good story on that ask my neighbor Bryant. I am a feminist, but to all you men out there you can still hold a door open for me

So Tim here are a few other I never's you can hold me accountable for...
"I''ll never go sailing"
"I'll never eat sushi"
"I'll never go scuba diving"
(bit of a fish/water theme there...)
"I'll never vote republican" (o.k all you readers, no getting mad, I'm entitled as are you to our votes!)
"I'll never have another baby"
"I'll never ride a motorcycle"
"I'll never go bungee jumping"
"I'll never shoot a gun"
Well that's a pretty good list for now. Someday soon, faithful readers, I will come up with a list of things I want to do, but I'm to crabby for dreams today...

No comments: