I am getting nothing done today because all I can think about is quirky things about me. The list is getting excessive...
6. NPR: Talk of the Nation, Car Talk, Diane Ream, All things Considered... you get the drift. But I do not just love NPR in and out of itself, this is where the quirk comes in: I love to say "I heard about this great book from Diane Ream" or "Oh did you hear about (__________) on NPR?, Oh you don't listen to NPR? Hmmm, what DO you listen to?" I feel this makes me sound intelligent and cultured and, lets admit it, a little snobby.
7. I do not like to say good byes. Not "see ya tomorrow", but you are moving to Finland and I will never see you again good bye. I avoid them at all cost, I would rather just leave than do the whole hug, cry scene. This is my way of coping and pretending you are never leaving.
8. I am obsessed with Dutch Bingo. I want to some how be connect with you. When I found out I was related to Caryn,my coworker, I lived on that joy for weeks! I also love to know famous, semi famous or potential for being famous people. I do not know what this has to do with Dutch Bingo,but I can only pick 10 so I had to fit that somewhere. Oh, Also I really want to be famous, when I am in the car, alone, I pretend to be a broadway music star. I have started in such shows as Wicked, Rent, Hairspray and Mamma Mia. I can only sing and do arm motions though since I am driving (see how I stuck another quirk in # 8!)
9. I love taking personality tests. The fact that 20 multiple choice questions can provide insight into my life is priceless. Not so much a fan of the COSMO type quizzes, but if desperate I might take it...
10. I hate competition. I like everyone to be happy and get along and when you are playing a competitive game or cheering for a team playing in a competitive game, someone is bound to be unhappy.
In case you decide one of the above are truly not quirky, here are a few replacements...
11. People touching me. I think it is really cool when people touch when they are talking. It makes me feel good. Some people are touchers, usually the same people who are huggers. I wish I could do this, I want to be that person. It just does not feel right coming from me. I'll keep working on it.
12. I have vivid dreams every single night and I remember all of them. Last night I dreamed I was decorating a cake and plastering walls with one of my clients. What the heck!
So, now I have to tag someone. Here is my challenge: If I have made you laugh at least once in this blog you are it and have to come up with your own. Have fun!
1 comment:
Wow, you are really talented- you posted that at 12:15 and I'm pretty sure we were at O'Charley's then. PS- I love the visual I get of you performing songs in your car :)
Post a Comment