I don't know if you have seen RENT or know the music at all, but I picture Greg standing surrounding his friends with the above song being sung. He has stood up for what he believed, he has lost some battles, but won the war (I know CLICHE!) He is happy, he is proud, he is fulfilled.
Most of my life I spent wondering what other people were going to think. I did not like to share my own opinions, make unique decisions or do anything that might surprise people. I just wanted to blend. I slowly grew out of this as I grew up and allowed myself to be proud of who I was and what I had achieved. The thing is, I still worried, I was afraid. I always wanted to do what was easy and easy is not always fun, or fulfilling. Of course something bad happening helped me realize this. The experience of postpartum depression and getting through this time was hard. I had to work hard and could not just float through life with a smile as I always had. Through this process I realized how fulfilling hard work and self exploration can be. I realized life is to short to just
settle. And I got my nose pierced. (it's really cute!)There are some very special people in my life that are contemplating big life changes right now. (R, N, E, J: do you know who you are?) My advice is take the risk, embrace the fear and watch your self grow! Remember: "Forget regret or life is yours to miss"
The Movie/Show Rent begins with these words Paraphrased from the song Seasons of Love:
"525,600 minutes, 525,600 moments so dear. How do you measure a year, in daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee, in inches in miles, in laughter, in stride..in truth she learned ,in times that she cried, in bridges she burned in the way he died. How about Love"
Note: Some risks are not worth taking...This summer I decided I was going to try something outside my paradigm That word is for you Stacey! AlsoI paid a lot of $ for Calvin and I have to use my education as often as possible since I am still paying for Calvin and Paradigm is a big
Calvin word) My neighbor thought a motorcycle ride would be good (I despise motorcycles because of the risk, but also the wind and noise) So I agreed, but my neighbor crashed his bike, flipped himself in the air multiple times and was very lucky to hobble away with a broken ankle. I think I might just sky dive instead, it seems a little safer!
No comments:
Post a Comment