Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sing along!

Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. ~Charlie Parker

I have always been a fan of musicals, Just this year I saw Hairspray, Mamma Mia, Spamalot (2x) Grease and Wicked (going again in a few weeks). I am also a great fan of Annie, Rent and Les Miserable. (I should also add High School Musical thanks to my six year old who is addicted.) What do all these shows have in common? Singing and dancing. I have been thinking lately wouldn't it be nice if we all just sang and danced in every day life? I always though it would be great to have music playing along in real life. Falling in love would be just like in the movies, scary moments would give you just a few more chills on your neck, canned laughter for those funny moments... you get the drift. But lets take it up a notch... What if there was a perfectly
choreographed song and dance for those great moments in your day? Think of a staff meeting where everyone sang and danced about the new retirement plan. What about a traffic jam where people jumped out of their cars and danced? Or cleaning up toys, taking medicine or flying a kite like in Mary Poppins. So, someday, you might just catch me with an overdone song and dance while I am filing or vacuuming or well... I guess you never know what will inspire me! For a great example click on the following link: Mall

1 comment:

The LaHuis Family said...

I am still laughing at the link. You can dance anytime you like Sarah!