Today was a free day and a few of us went to the local museum. At first I was pretty impressed with all the pottery, jewelry and vases that were 6,000 years old. That is a long time ago. We even saw a skeleton from that time. My goodness was that ever impressive. Then we get to the next floor
and all of a sudden every thing is old. Not just thousands of years, but hundreds of thousands of years. We saw a tooth and a jaw of a mammoth. But what really floored us was to see the spine, skull, hand and foot of what I am calling the "Missing Link" Sorry all you creationists. This exhibit was evolution at its finest. The body parts that were found were described as the link between the homoeretus and the homosapien. OH MY GOODNESS, what an amazing sight. I wish I could share pictures with you, faithful readers, but it was not allowed. I felt like I was in the middle of a pbs special. History teachers, eat your heart out!Beside all of the impressive things at the museum, we, the tourists, tackled a few things
ourselves. We took a note for the cab driver about where we wanted to go, made it there with no problem, mastered the sqatty potties with ease, hailed a cab by ourselves to make it back to the hotel, ate at a Chinese restaurant for lunch with no problem and took a trip to thelocal 7/11 for water, diet coke (excuse me coke light) and chocolate (this means crossing 2 streets, which believe me is a feat!)
Pabst Blue Ribbon, IN CHINA, gross... :)

Money from early civilizations
The first time the Chinese (Manchu dynasty) wrote on a script (as opposed to stone)
The first time the Chinese (Manchu dynasty) wrote on a script (as opposed to stone)
bamboo carvings


1 comment:
Looks and sounds like you are having a fabulous time. I would love to go back some day and just visit. Maybe when Carissa is in H.S. and can really remember it. I posted an update to our blog and put up more current pictures.
Tell Shiyan hello for us and that Carissa is doing great. Her hearing test went great - read more on the blog.
When do you get to come home? Are you shopping a lot or saving it until Guangzhou. Don't forget to try the Italian place in Guangzhou. They have great pizza!!
Curt, Pam, Ryan and Carissa.
www.journeytocarissa.blogspot.com
Post a Comment