Monday, October 20, 2008
Lost
Well this story is not as dramatic as the t.v. show, but we did have a bit of an adventure tonight. Patty and I decided to walk to Pizza Hut (I know we are in China, but did you read what I have been eating the past few days! I deserve a little pizza) So we get out our handy map and head out. It is rush hour so the traffic is a little busy and horns are honking. We start going and then we realize the map does not match what is happening in real life. So we make, what seemed at the time, a good choice. But it was the wrong choice. After about 1hr and 15 minutes we give up on the pizza hut and decide to head home. Patty is done with walking so she says lets take a cab. A motorcycle rickshaw guy just happens to pull up so we say "why not?" and tell him Days Inn please". He shakes his head saying he doesn't understand so on we walk. Then I spot a cab so I hail it (It was my 5 days in NYC that made me so confident : ) and we climb in and say "Days Inn" He shakes his head and starts talking in Chinese. So I get out my map, which I realize is not so helpful and show him. He looks and shakes his head. So I write my own map with and "X" for where we are and some arrows for where we are going. He kicks us out of the cab. So embaressed we keep walking. At a corner we study the map and some one senses our distress and speaks to us. In ENGLISH! We were gushing all over him. He pointed us in the right direction and we were home in no time. What lame American tourist we turned out to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thanks for the blog sight. i'm not getting anything done this morning. i've just been reading your blog and looking at pics. i can't wait for more entries. love you!
Post a Comment