So I am waking up to my first morning here and it is still a little surreal. I could be looking out a window in New York City right now. Although in NYC my computer would have charged last night (Who knows, I had it all plugged in and converted...)
The flight over was long, but not as bad as I though. I was seated next to the most wonderful people! To my right was a woman from Detroit who had met Bill Clinton, Al Gore and Obama. She had worked on all their campaigns and even gone to Clinton's inauguration. She had traveled the world as well (africa, europe...) To my left were two women who were also both world travelers, but even better avid readers. We share a lot of the same favorites. The 4 of us just talked for hours and hours! Like a book club in the sky : )
How wonderful it was to finally make it to our beds. I slept like a rock and am still pretty tired, but so excited about the day I will power through it.
A few things I was not told about traveling. Airports are HOT. Like really really HOT. Airplanes are either really hot or really cold, but never comfortable. You never have enough time between flights to find a bathroom so go on the plane! No matter how long you are on the plane the flight attendants still look perfect and I get greasier and greasier.
Well our first day is about to begin. I will try to post pictures later. Thanks for coming with me faithful readers!
No comments:
Post a Comment