Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Icky Shady to Palm Tree Shady.

Due to some complicated flight issues our guide had us spend one night in Beijing before flying down to sunny and tropical Guangzhou. We had a short flight back to the Capitol City Airport Hotel, which, was well? how to describe...Lets just say there were condoms for sale on the bedside table. The breakfast had instant coffee and chicken liver. So we gladly packed up this morning and had a great flight South. The White Swan Hotel is amazing. There is a waterfall, pond with Coy fish in the lobby. There are fresh orchid in our rooms. There is a man who opens doors for us! We are treated like royalty. The next few days will be busy with embassy medicals and visa appointments and shopping of course! I hope to get some good pictures of the island we are on (Shamian Island) which was a British colony years ago so there are many European style buildings. We do not get stared here like we did in other cities. The Island seems to completely cater to adoptive families and tourist.

I must say I love China, dearly, but I love my family more and I ache to hold my children again. These past 2 weeks I have gone on and about China, but every moment I think of home, my wonderful husband being a single parent. Not getting to tuck my kiddos in at night. No Sunday dinners at my parents, no coffee with my in-law, play dates with the neighbors, immigration frustrations with my co-workers. You get the drift. Some times it takes being 11,000 miles away to appreciate all that you have and all that you love.

I will post some pictures later, now I am going to bask in the cool air of our room and smell the flowers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WE MISS YOU TOO!!!

Anonymous said...

I think the girls and I miss you the most!